Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Mad, Mad, Mad Monday

The night started off with this bizarre Senior Citizens magazine.

Around 11pm I remembered I needed to make brownies for my small group. I jumped up off the couch and ran into the kitchen. Opa watched me jump up and run to the kitchen and said to Oma, "do you think she is on drugs or something?" I tweeted that. And that just started us all off on a crazy, mad Monday night.

Oma went and and found me a cake mix since I couldn't find brownie mix. During that brief time, I decided to make chocolate covered strawberries. This was slightly disastrous. First round I burnt the chocolate chips. Round 2, success. Then Oma gave me a better way to do it.

Then Oma taught my terribly inept self how to bake.

Then once the cake was in the oven I decided it was time Opa and Oma dance in the wheelchair. We played "hungry eyes" for the soundtrack...because "nobody puts baby in a corner!"

All in all it was a totally memorable night. The best quotes included:
"This is the most fun I've had in ten years!"

"That thing (my iPhone) plays music too?"

"Does it even make calls?"

We are finally heading to bed at 1:30am after what Opa deemed a "Mad Monday!"




No comments:

Post a Comment